Friday, December 24, 2010

Crayon Caddy and Pencil Case

Thanks to Renee for pointing me in the direction of this great tutorial.

I thought that a crayon caddy was such a great idea and so cute that I just had to make one for Riley for Christmas.


I am not the greatest sewer and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine but I'm so pleased that I gave it a go and that it turned out pretty good. I learnt a lot and it took me far longer than it probably should have but its all worth it as I just love the finished product.


It has a paper pocket as well as a sticker pocket and fits 10 crayons or pencils. I've put some coloured pencils inside and some stickers. I even made a matching pencil case for the rest of Riley's crayons/felts and stamps.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I can finally give it to him!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I love it, Fay! Gorgeous :)

Pam said...

You've done a great job on both items, Fay! LOVE the fabric!!! The crayon caddy is a good design, too.