Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Creative Space: Needle Book

It's not quite finished yet but I just couldn't wait to share it! All it's waiting on is a button for the elastic to loop over and hold it closed.


I just love that fabric and what makes it even better is I found it in the scrap bin at Fabric Vision and it only cost me $1 for a generously sized scrap. LOVE bargains like that! The black fabric and red felt I already had in my stash.


The quilting on the outside and the inside pocket gives it a little something extra .... what can I say? I'm in love!


I used this tutorial here but I'm not very good with binding so I skipped that part and added a seam allowance onto my pieces. I just love how it turned out.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

16 comments:

tartankiwi said...

Wow! Quilting... I'm impressed! Looks great, well done. I REALLY need to make myself a needle case, I keep losing all my needles!

Sarah said...

Looks awesome, love your fabric choices!

Renee said...

Gorgeous, Fay!

Your sewing has come such a long way since you started out. You're so talented!!

Melissa said...

LOVE! Love the fabric, the quilting, the black and red combo. Definately a winner.

Jill said...

Great fabric! What a bargain find! I really need to make myself a needle book!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Vic said...

Lovely!

I was going to say I should have one of these so that I don't keep losing my needles, but you know what? I'm pretty sure I'd lose the whole book. ;)

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

It is gorgeous! Love your $1 fabric bargain, so pretty.

Rie said...

Looks fantastic & even better for a whole dollar too!!!!!

Angel.Pearls said...

Very very nice!
Wish you a great day!
Eva

kylie said...

Isn't it just brilliant to get such a great bargain? Love the fabric... you've done a lovely job.

Gaby said...

it's gorgeous, love the fabric!

Sonia said...

You found this fabric in the scrap bin!? It's gorgeous and you've done a great job with it too.

Kylie said...

It looks great - what a fabric find - well done.

Seaweed and Raine said...

It looks fab! I should probably do something about the state of my needles one day...
Your fabric was a total score! :)

Wombat's Picnic said...

I agree, its lovely:) Makes me want to make one! Cyndy

Kelly Ingram said...

I LOVE that red poppy fabric - gorgeous and a bargain - got to love that!