I was looking through one of my old recipe books the other day and I came across this really simple cracker recipe and thought I'd give it a go.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 50g butter
- 1/2 cup water (aprox)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (I toasted them over a low heat until golden and fragrant. Be careful not to burn them)
You can use a food processor if you have one.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Mix in the sesame seeds.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add water, a few drops at a time until the mixture comes together to form a dough. The dough should be a little softer than pastry dough.
- Roll the dough out thinly on a lightly floured board. Cut into squares, rectangles or other shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Bake at 190 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until they are a pale golden colour.