Thursday, January 19, 2012

Matching Bib and Burp Cloth Set

We have some friends who are expecting their first baby in April and of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to sew a gift for bubs.


I decided on a matching bib and burp cloth set because ....

1. It's a practical gift but still cute thanks to the gorgeous fabric.

2. They were both really quick and easy to make. In fact the hardest part was deciding on the fabric! I don't know if bubs is a boy or a girl and I found it really hard finding any unisex fabrics that I liked.

3. We're moving in a few weeks and I didn't want to take on anything too challenging.

I've made bibs before but that was when I was still fairly new to sewing. Lets just say it was much easier this time around as I actually knew what I was doing (or maybe my ability to sew in a straight line has improved).

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

Edited to add: The fabric is Meet The Gang by Marisa and Creative Thursday, I purchased mine from here.

17 comments:

Mami Made It said...

Lovely! The fabric is cool and very unisex ;)

Christie said...

I really love that fabric, it makes a perfect unisex gift!

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Fantastic and gorgeous fabric choice!

Jill said...

That is such cute fabric Fay - and a lovely gift!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Ady said...

My colleague's just had a baby boy and I was thinking of making some bibs for her. That fabric you've picked is delightful!

Kelly Ingram said...

That fabric is too cool! A think a bib & burp cloth set is such a great pressie - practical but funky.

Martta said...

The fabric is awesome and definitely unisex. I have a little baby girl and sometimes (well most of the time) I like to dress her in clothes that are cute, sweet but unisex. And other times dress her in dresses, but with fabric like this instead of the frilly pink versions. So I was hoping that maybe you could tell us where you got to fabric!

And yeah a practical gift such as a bib and burb cloth set is always welcome when you have a baby. Your friend is lucky!

Notchka said...

Good work - I LOVE that fabric - can I ask where you got it and do you know the fabric designer/name of range?

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Gorgeous! They are such lovely gifts for a new bubba (I almost always give bibs and burp cloths too)

Seaweed and Raine said...

Nice job! :) What pattern did you use? I'd love to make a few bibs before bub is due in a few months. :)

Merja said...

That fabric is gorgeous!! What a lucky baby. :)

Bron said...

It is a great idea for baby gifts...my favourite at the moment. Love the fabric. x

Pam said...

Beautiful fabric...

thismumrocks said...

Very styley! What an awesome gift. I imagine it would be used as a "going out & visiting" bib set & sure to get lots of compliments when worn. I know that I always keep a couple of sets like this aside for when Hannah & I are in town, visiting friends. ;O)

makeitgiveit said...

Gorgeous. Love the fabric choice. They look so professional!

Debra said...

cute as bibs...love your fabric choice

Pam said...

I'm on the lookout for ideas for a friend and these would make a fabulous gift, Fay... easy to make, too. I think your fabric is great for either boy or girl.