Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Creative Space: Crayon Roll

We've been in Wellington almost a week now and already we've been to our first social event, a little girl's 1st birthday party.

For her present I managed to whip up a super sweet crayon roll (the first of my handmade gifts for the year).


I followed this tutorial here but used a length of ribbon instead of elastic and a button. I used materials that I already had on hand including the crayons which I found while organizing my sewing room in preparation for our move. The fabric is Strawberries in Strawberry by Robert Kaufman.


Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

11 comments:

Ady said...

What a wonderful crayon roll. I love that fabric with the cheerful apples.

Jill said...

Cute little roll Fay! Love the apple fabric! Glad you're settling in well in Wellington!


Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

Looks great, Fay!!! Love the fabric!!!

makeitgiveit said...

Lovely and a birthday party already? Sounds like you guys are settling in.

Bron said...

Very sweet...great pressie idea. x

Wombat's Picnic said...

Very cute, love the fabric. I am sure the birthday girl loved it:) Cyndy

june at noon said...

I do love little crayon rolls. Ours get quite a bit of use on car trips. I like the cheerful fabrics!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Gorgeous fabrics that you have used! (What is the apple one?) It looks fab. I'm sure you little one will love it! :)

Time Flies said...

its very cute :) i love making homemade presents

Little Gumnut said...

what a lovely idea!

B I R C H s e e d said...

great crayon roll - love the apples (of course!)