Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Creative Space: Easy Peasy Fleece Blanket

Now here is a super easy way to change up a kid's room - just add a fun new blanket!


I spotted the coolest fleece at Spotlight the other weekend and thought it would make an awesome little boy's blanket.


I wanted to keep it simple so all I did was trim off the selvedges, round the corners and finish the edges on my overlocker. Fleece doesn't fray so the overlocking isn't strictly necessary but I think it finishes it off nicely.


If you don't have an overlocker you can hand sew around the edges using a blanket stitch or there are some great no-sew options, like this one here.


Find more Creative Spaces here.

12 comments:

Ady said...

Aww - that is the coolest fleece fabric! I love the bright monsters. Just the thing for a boy's room.

Christie said...

My boys are reading over my shoulder and they just love this blanket. I bet it was a hit!

Hootnz said...

Thats a great idea... I bought some fleece a couple of weeks ago for a project ( yet to be started ) and its come in handy as a extra blanket lately... may do the same :)

Suz said...

Fun!

Polka Dot Daze said...

It's really cool alright! I love it!

Jen said...

wtg!!!!!!!

like the material :)

Pam said...

Looks warm and cuddly and a great patterned fabric...

Miriam said...

Looks great - love the choice of fabric

SJ Scott said...

Perfect, I'm sure he will love it for years!

Notchka said...

Awesome - I love the colour and liveliness of the print - it totally makes me smile. x

Bron said...

You're absolutely right and you can never have enough blankets around in winter either. x

Jill said...

Gorgeous fleeece fabric!! Looks like it's well appreciated too! :)