Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Creative Space: Hand Warmers

The days/nights are slowly getting colder and some mornings it has been absolutely freezing outside (literally). Riley goes to Kindy 5 mornings a week now and rain or shine, snow or ice, we walk. There are only so many layers that I can put on him to help keep him warm, so in addition to hat, scarf, gloves etc, I made him a couple of little hand warmers.


The idea with hand warmers is that you heat them up in the microwave and put them in your pockets to help keep your hands warm.

I used some lovely soft flannel and filled them with rice. These would make fantastic little winter gifts and are a great way of using up fabric scraps.

Find more Creative Spaces here.

10 comments:

Pam said...

I have never seen hand warmers before, Fay. What a great idea!!!

Hootnz said...

What a sweet idea! And a lovely thing to do for your lil man :)

thifty said...

CUTE! great idea.

Ady said...

Lovely idea, Fay. What dimensions are these? I love that flannel fabric. It's super hard to get decent flannel in nice prints over here.

Christie said...

What a cool idea Fay!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Fabulous idea! And so, so cute too!

Jill said...

Great idea!

Janine said...

Very very cute, love the fabric, and such a fantastic idea!

Seaweed and Raine said...

That is brilliant!!! I've been looking at buying some - but I think your idea is much more attractive! :)

Bron said...

As I walked to school with my 7 year old he asked me today how are ways to get your hands warm...my favourite we came up with was holding each others hands......I should suggest I make some of these....great job xx