Thursday, May 3, 2012

Success!!

There's one thing that you should know about me .... I'm useless when it comes to sewing clothes .... I have tried and tried without success ....

However, I was so inspired by all of the lovely clothing floating around blog land during the Kid's Clothing Week Challenge that I just couldn't resist having another shot at making Riley a pair of pants and you know what? They actually look good. I had a few minor issues with the pattern but now that I've used it I know how I want to adjust it for next time (yes there will be a next time).


I used some grey corduroy that my Mum gave me a while ago. I'd always intended to make a pair of pants out of it but I just hadn't worked up the courage to cut into it. I also used my overlocker for the first time and it was awesome! All the seams look so nice and finished.


Riley loves them and we both did a little happy dance when he tried on the finished product and they actually fit.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.

15 comments:

Jen said...

WTG!!!!!!!!! if at first you dont succeed try try again
and they look super :)

Miriam said...

Well done!He looks so cute in them!

Christie said...

They look great, I LOVE cord!

Kelly E said...

I love cord! And Elijah loves the pants that I make and they last longer than store bought - you know Riley will be asking for more, I hope you have a good supply of fabric!

tartankiwi said...

Woo hoo!! Two birds with one stone- sewing clothes and using your overlocker!!! Love the new trousers, they look great, I bet he'll get lots of wear out of them.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Cute trousers! They look great on your son.

Pam said...

They look fabulous!!! You can't go past corduroy and I love the grey...

Mezz said...

gerat job! they look awesome, and your little boy is a cutie too. Mezz

lamina@do a bit said...

Woo Hoo!! They look totally fabulous.. love the grey cord! It's a great feeling when you conquer something :)

Time Flies said...

WOW awesome work, im the same useless at sewing clothes i have tried pants over and over and always fail so gave up...

My Handmadehappiness said...

What a lovely pair of trousers... I ahve the same fear of the overlocker... You done good!! :) I am inspired! :)

Seaweed and Raine said...

Yay! Doesn't it feel good when you make something that works out? Nice job on the pants.

Jill said...

Congrats Fay! The trousers look awesome!!

Kelly Ingram said...

They look fab, and I'm a sucker for a little boy in cord pants.

Sally said...

Not useless at all. They look fab. So glad that there will be a next time.