Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Creative Space: Rag Quilt

There is a reason that I don't quilt .... lack of patience, lack of accuracy when cutting/measuring - just to name a few.


The great thing about this type of quilt is that it hides any imperfections well and it's the perfect size for a child's lap quilt.


It sewed up relatively quickly and it was a good opportunity to have a big stash clear out and use up some cute fabric scraps. There is no order to it. It's simply bright, colourful and fun.


Find more Creative Spaces here.

11 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely quilt Fay! What a great selection of cute and colourful fabrics! I'd like to try a rag quilt too - I love the look of them!

Notchka said...

I love these sorts of quilts - stash busting, fast and fun! Your boy is obviously most impressed :)

Claire said...

Hey Fay, I'm with you on reasons why I don't quilt/patchwork plus the fact it gives you an excuse to buy loads more fabric.....like I need to!!
Your quilt looks great, love the bright prints. I can see Riley is going to use and love it for an very long time,

CLaire x

Karmi84 said...

Lovely Quilt, you have done a good job

Pam said...

Love the bright, fun fabric, Fay!!! It looks fabulous!!! A rag quilt is on my To Do list.

Merja said...

Oh gorgeous! Love the colours and love the quilt. Great job!

Michelle @ rockMYroll said...

Very cute - I also stuggle with traditional Quilting - much better the way we do it hee hee : )
Mxo

Katie said...

It looks lovely Fay - awesome fabrics and it looks like Riley is a fan :-)

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Its stunning! You did a great job. Love the colours in it, so bright and happy.

Christie said...

Hmmm maybe I should ease myself into quilting with one of these, it looks fantastic!

Bron said...

Great job...I love the process of this kind of quilt ...they have been some of my favorites around here....quite snuggly indeed. xx