Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Creative Space: Shorts on the Line


There has been a lot of short making going on in blog land this month and even though it's winter here I thought I'd get in on the action and make a start on Riley's summer wardrobe. I don't usually make clothes, mainly because I've never had much success at it, but by the time Summer comes around Riley will have started school and he's going to need heaps of clothes.


I was at Spotlight last weekend so I took the opportunity to have a good dig through the fabrics on their clearance table (there's no point in me making clothes if it would be cheaper and easier to just buy them). I came away with 3 meters of fabric for $16. For this pair of shorts I added pockets but if I left them out then I'd be able to get 2 pairs of shorts out of a meter. Not bad really ....


It wasn't until after I'd made them that I realized that the colour isn't very practical. When I bought the fabric all I was thinking about was how cool it would look as a pair of shorts. The print is skull and cross bones, perfect for wearing to a pirate party this weekend ....

Find more Creative Spaces here.
I'm also posting these shorts in the Shorts on the Line Flickr group.

8 comments:

nicole kane said...

it is a very cool pattern :D
fantastic job!

Jill said...

Great shorts Fay!Definitely cool fabric - and to a little boy - cool has to be far more important than practical! :)

edward and lilly said...

And someone's looking very happy with them! Nice work!

Pam said...

They look great, Fay!!! Bargain price for the fabric. This will be the beginning of you sewing lots of clothes...

Notchka said...

They are awesome - grass stains just add character ;)

Bron said...

Great job...gotta love the bargain table at Spotlight. xx

softearthart said...

Real cool, cheers Marie

Amy Grant said...

I made shorts out of this fabric for my little man too. He is currently devastated because it is too cold to wear them!