Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recipe: Banana Ice Cream (calling all banana lovers)

If you love bananas then this recipe is for you! Better yet you only need a couple of ingredients.


INGREDIENTS
Frozen banana
Vanilla essence

METHOD
Put your frozen banana in a food processor. 

Pulse until it all breaks up.

Add as much vanilla as you'd like and continue to process until it's smooth and creamy ( if it gets stuck scrape down the sides and keep going).

I'm not a fan of banana's but I make this for both Riley and Phil and it is the easiest thing ever. It's particularly great for Riley because he thinks he's eating ice cream when all it is is frozen banana! I make sure to keep a few bags of frozen bananas in the freezer and it takes less than a minute to throw together.

Find more recipes here.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Great idea Fay.......I wonder if it would work as well with other frozen fruit.
I'm thinking Mango yum......
Might wait till the weather warms up a bit to try it.
Hope your week is going well,

Claire :}

sascedar said...

oooh yummo! have to give this a try, thanks for the recipe :) sarah

tartankiwi said...

I've heard of this before but never tried it... really must give it a go! Thanks for reminding me.

Bron said...

That looks cool...I thought it was icecream as well xx

Carole said...

This week on Food on Friday, we are collecting ideas for using bananas. Would you be happy to link this in? Here is the link .

Carole said...

Super that you linked this in. Thanks. If you pop back a bit later I am sure there will be a wonderful collection of all things banana! Cheers

Suz said...

Wow - that sounds way too easy!