Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rice Krispie Treats

We don't make a big deal about Valentine's Day. It's usually just an excuse to have takeaways for tea and a glass of wine.

If I have the time, I like to make a little sweet treat for my boys. This year I had a hard time deciding what to make and it needed to be something that Riley would enjoy too. I finally decided on making some rice krispie treats.


INGREDIENTS 
30g butter
10 oz of large marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups rice bubbles

METHOD
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat.

Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Mix in vanilla.

Add the rice bubbles and stir until well coated.

Spread the mixture into a well greased baking dish. Press it down firmly with the back of a metal spoon.

Allow to cool slightly before cutting into heart shapes with a cookie cutter.

Decorate as desired.


They were really easy to make and look so cute cut into little heart shapes. To get the sprinkles to stick I brushed the tops with a little water before pressing them on.

Riley was super excited to have a couple of special treats snuck into his lunchbox.

Find more recipes here.

No comments: