Thursday, March 7, 2013

Maxi Skirt

I don't often get a chance to sew with knits so when I spotted some knit fabric on the clearance table at Spotlight I just had to get some.


After some consideration I decided to make myself a skirt. I followed the instructions from here and adjusted the length to make a maxi skirt.

The top of the skirt is gathered before its attached to the yoga style waistband. I used my new walking foot for this project and it made such a difference to how the hem looks (remember the issues I had with the hem on this skirt). 

I love how it turned out and doesn't the colour just scream Summer? Makes me happy just looking at it.

Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Its looks happy and so comfy! Well done you :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Great job, Fay. The yoga style waist band will be very comfortable.

Miriam said...

looks great - love the fabric

Hootnz said...

It does scream summer! especially love the polka dots...I can see it getting alot of use :)