Thursday, March 21, 2013

Toddler Skirt

Recently we were invited to a special little girl's 1st birthday party. I love sewing girly things when I get the chance and I think the hardest part is deciding what to make.


In the end I whipped up a sweet little toddler skirt. I think skirts are so versatile and can easily be dressed up or down and worn all year round.


It was really quick and easy to put together and I just love the orange chevron fabric. I normally prefer a wider waistband but the main part of the skirt uses just a fat quarter of fabric and I was worried that it might end up too short.

Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

8 comments:

Miriam said...

cute! Love the fabric

Pam @Threading My Way said...

A cute little skirt, Fay and a great present to give. I'm with you... choosing what to make always takes me a long time with girls' outfits.

Hootnz said...

Thats a lovely present....loving the chevrons too!!

Leonie said...

Cute & bright!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Gorgeous skirt! They are nice and quick to make too :)

michelle said...

Fay we love it - and once our toddler is toddling this will get much wear.
Thanks for coming up to party with us.

Ninotchka McKay said...

Nothing like a handmade gift chosen and stitched with love!

Bron said...

It's gorgeous...it is nice to sew for little girls every now and then isn't it?
xxx