Thursday, May 16, 2013

DIY Earrings

I love jewelry, in particular earrings (though I don't get much of a chance to wear anything fancy these days).

I usually leave the jewelry making up to Phil since it can be quite fiddly and my long nails always get in the way. We make a good team really, I tell him what I want and he puts it together.


These earrings are so sweet and simple that I thought I'd give you a wee rundown on how to make them ....

Supplies:
- Ring size memory wire
- Beads
- Small jump rings x2
- Earring hooks x2

- Jewelry making tools for cutting and bending wire

Make 2

1. Cut one round of memory wire with the ends overlapping by about 1/2 inch.

2. Bend one end of the wire to form a small loop.

3. Thread as many beads as you want onto the other end of the ring of wire. Bend that end to create a small loop to match the other side (the loops should overlap).

4. Thread a small jump ring through both loops and add your earring hook. Close the jump ring and your done.


Joining in with Show & Tell.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Very cute Fay! I really want to try making my own earrings - just haven't got around to it yet!

Leonie said...

Oh they are so cute!

Leonie said...

So easy and so effective! Thanks for sharing!

Pearlin J said...

so pretty thanks for sharing the tute :)

Hootnz said...

Theyre sweet and would be a great way to feature of bead too :)