Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quilt Reveal

It was my sister's 21st birthday last week and I wanted to make her something special.

She is now the proud owner of my very first quilt. My only other attempt at quilting was when I made Riley's rag quilt (I also recall saying to myself never again).


I poured everything into this quilt - blood, sweat and tears (lots of them). There were many times that I wanted to shove it into the back of a cupboard and never look at it again.


Now that its finished, I'm glad that I persevered with it. It turned out better than I expected and I'm sure it'll be loved wonky stitches and all.


I machine sewed the binding using a different method which I found easier for catching the binding on the back. Instead of stitching in the ditch, you stitch on top of the binding like top stitching.

Riley has now requested that I make him one the same size but I think I'll wait a while before attempting another one.

Joining in with Show & Tell.

8 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL, Fay!!! I just love the fabrics you've used... they work so well together. I do know what you mean about the work involved. I've still only made one quilt and that was almost a year ago.

Miriam said...

it looks fantastic Fay - well done! It is a triumph :o)

Leonie said...

It looks great Fay! and at the end of the day we are the only ones who see the "mistakes" and "wobbles" :) I am sure your sister is over the moon!

Jill Shepherd said...

Beautiful Quilt Fay!! Worth all the effort - and I don't think anyone notices wonky stitching on quilts (at least I hope not as I've done LOTS!)

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...

It looks great Fay, well done!

I agree with the others, the only people that she the tiny mistakes are the person who makes them and the quilting police- Quilting police should be banished from the house whenever possible ;-)

Ginx Craft said...

Your quilt looks so lovely. I love the mixture of colours you have used.

Hootnz said...

Yip Beautiful! Love the choice of colours and I only see that you did a wonderful job :))

Julie - Slice in the Life of Julie said...

Found you through Show and Tell. This quilt is beautiful - love the colours! Lucky sister.