Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blank Tank

The weather is slowly starting to warm up and Riley is in desperate need of a whole new wardrobe.


Tanks are light and comfortable, perfect for enduring the Summer heat. They can also be worn under clothes in Winter making them a great all year round item to have.

I used the blank tank pattern which I bought a while back and since this was just a practice tank, I used one of Phil's old t-shirts. I wanted to see how well it sewed up and check the sizing.


It was really quick and easy and I love the method used for finishing the neck and armholes. I left off the patch pocket and I'm not a fan of the curved hem so next time I'll go for a straight one.

Joining in with Show & Tell.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

wow great job Fay! Love that last pic :o)

Leonie said...

Looks great and he looks a happy boy in it! great upcycling!

Jill Shepherd said...

Great way to use an old T-shirt Fay! Nice bright top!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Great job, Fay! I have this pattern.. must get around to using it.