Thursday, September 12, 2013

Urban Hoodie

I have been sewing up a storm this past week and finally getting around to ticking some projects off my 'to do' list, starting with this Urban Unisex Hoodie by Heidi and Finn.


I love how it turned out. The fabric I used is a lovely soft ribbed fleece which I picked up at Spotlight for $6 a meter. For the lining I used scraps of navy jersey knit and since I didn't have quite enough, I used one of Phil's old t-shirts for the sleeves.


The buttons are supposed to be functional but I opted to use velcro instead - much easier for little fingers to manage.


I made the size 7 with the largest sizing for the hood. I wanted to try and make it large enough that he would be able to get some wear out of it next year as well, but it looks like it fits him pretty good right now.

Joining in with Show & Tell.

9 comments:

Schulz Family said...

Visting you from show and tell. This is fantastic. Love the pattern and he looks pretty happy with it.

Jill Shepherd said...

Awesome hoodie Fay! and cool photo shoot too! :)

Leonie said...

What a lovely unique piece of clothing (as in not mass marketed)! I love the buttons on it!

Nin said...

That is cute - such a great pattern with the button detail. He is a good poser too - future top model :)

Leonie said...

That is such a great looking hoodie! Love it Fay - well done you!

Suz said...

Totally cool!!

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

What a cool hoodie for cool little dude. :)

Sally said...

Great photos! I wish my kids we smaller so I could make their clothes!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Looks fabulous, Fay!!! Great photo shoot, too.